Checking Out / Borrowing Music
Here are the procedures to follow to borrow music from the AVWPE Lending Library.
- First, you must be a member of the organization to check out music. If you are not yet a member, please go now to our JOIN page.
- Use our CATALOG to locate the music you want to borrow. Go to that tune’s individual listing page and make sure it is for the instrumentation you want. We have a lot of concert band music and a lot of jazz band music, as well as music for other size groups. Be sure the music you want to borrow is appropriate for your group.
- When you are certain of the music, copy the essential information for that tune, including the title, the composer/arranger, and especially the BARCODE.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for additional titles.
- When you have selected all the titles you wish to borrow, go to our CONTACT US form and send us a message listing all the information about the tunes you want to borrow. Don’t forget to include your valid email address, because we will be back in touch with you via email to set up delivery arrangements.
Alternatively, you can call us at the phone number listed on our CONTACT page, and we can set up delivery arrangements over the phone.
To return borrowed music to us, please follow these steps:
- COLLECT ALL THE PARTS. Be sure you have gotten back all the parts we sent to you.
- COLLATE THE PARTS. Please put the parts back into score order. Please arrange them with the title side up, with all parts oriented right side up. (We shouldn’t have to tell you this, but you’d be surprised at the mess we have had returned to us in the past.)
- PACKAGE THE MUSIC. Put the parts into a sturdy box or envelope (depending on how much music you are returning), and add a cardboard stiffener if you think it’s warranted.
- POSTAGE. Please be sure the package has sufficient postage to get back to us in Colorado.
- SEND THE PACKAGE. Send the package back to us at the address on our CONTACT page.
IF YOU ARE RUNNING LATE, shoot us an email or give us a call. We will work something out. Please do NOT just sit on the music if you are late returning it. Let us know you haven’t forgotten.
If you would like to donate music to the AVWPE Lending Library, please read our DONATIONS page.